|Posted on April 11, 2010 at 5:40 PM|
Time and life that we are given is a great grace from Allah, if we didn't use it wisely we will never harm anyone but ourselves, as everyone is responsible for his own actions.
Time is the thing that disbelivers and disobedients will regret when they will realize that they wasted their time in this life in disobeying Allah. As Allah stated in Quran describing the attitude of such peoplewhen they will realize how they spent their life:
"They will cry out therein, 'Our Lord, remove us; we will do righteousness – other than what we were doing!" But did We not grant you life enough for whoever would remember therein to remember, and the warner had come to you? So taste [the punishment], for there is not for the wrongdoers any helper."[Quran 35: 37]
May Allah save us!
Here are some tips on how we can benefit from our time:
1. Acquiring knowledge sincerely for the sake of Allaah.
2. Abstaining from all sins.
3. When committing any sin, we should repent immediately and determine not to repeat it.
4. Keeping away from harming others, slandering, backbiting etc.
5. Not laughing excessively nor talking excessively.
6. Always being mindful of the rules of the Sharee'ah (Islamic Law) in everything we do.
7. Staying far from the irreligious people.
8. Offering prayer on the proper time and with great concentration.
9. Occupying oneself in the remembrance of Allaah.
10. Setting aside specific times for different tasks and abiding strictly to these times.
11. Helping and benefiting others irrespective of whether it is in worldly affairs or religious matters.
12. Being in the service and company of guests, travelers, strangers, scholars, and the pious servants of Allaah.
13. Fearing Allaah all the time.
14. Remembering death.
15. Setting aside a certain time daily wherein we should think about all our actions for that day. When we remember any good action, express gratitude to Allaah. When we remember any evil action, repent.
16. Living with bashfulness, modesty and forbearance.
17. Making Du'aa (supplication) to Allaah to keep us steadfast on the straight path.
Taken from here with slight modifications
Categories: Tricks of The Trade