Posted on March 6, 2010 at 1:07 AM
- If you Commit sins and you don’t feel any guilt.
- If you have a hard heart and no desire to read the Quran.
- If you feel too lazy to do good deeds, e.g. being late for salat If you Neglect the Sunnah.
- If you Have a bad mood, for instance being upset about petty things and bothered and irritated most of the time.
- If you don’t feel anything when hearing verses from the Quran, for example when Allah warns us of punishments and His promise of glad tidings.
- If you you Find difficulty in remembering Allah and making dhikr.
- If you don’t feel bad when things are done against the Shariah.
- If you Desire status and wealth.
- If you are mean and miser, i.e. not wanting to part with wealth.
- If you Order others to do good deeds when you don’t practise them yourself.
- If you feel pleased when things are not progressing for others.
- If you are concerned only with whether something is haram or halal; and not avoiding makrooh (not recommended) things.
- If you Make fun of people who do simple good deeds, like cleaning the mosque.
- If you don’t feel concerned about the situation of Muslims.
- If you don’t feel the responsibility to do something to promote Islam.
- If you Like to argue just for the sake of arguing without any proof.
- If you Become engrossed and very involved with dunya, worldly things,i.e.feeling bad only when losing something in terms of material wealth.
- If you Become engrossed and obsessive about yourself.
Categories: Tricks of The Trade, Heart Softeners